- Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Chile.
- Associate Researcher at National Center for Artificial Intelligence Research (CENIA) (Funded by Programa Centros Basales, ANID, Chile).
- Young Researcher at Millennium Institute for Foundational Research on Data (IMFD) (Funded by Programa Milenio, ANID, Chile).
- Member of the Data and Artificial Intelligence Initiative (ID&IA), Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (FCFM), University of Chile.
- Honorary Research Associate in the Machine Learning Group at the University of Waikato in New Zealand (Aotearoa). This is the lab were I did my PhD under the supervision of Bernhard Pfahringer and Eibe Frank.
- Founding Member of the Representations for Learning and Language (ReLeLa) research group at DCC Uchile.
- Associate Member in the Te Ipu o te Mahara, The Artificial Intelligence Institute at the University of Waikato.
My research interests and expertise lie in the acquisition of knowledge and information from unstructured data, particularly natural language text, spanning the following overlapping fields:
- Natural language processing
- Data mining
- Data science
- Machine learning
- Information retrieval
- Social media analytics
- Computational social science
- Artificial Intelligence
My main research goals are to study society by computationally analyzing traces left by humans in the digital space.
- Chile Address: Avenida Beauchef 851, of. 304, Piso 3, Edificio Norte, Santiago, Chile / C.P. 837-0456
Phone number: +56 2 2978 4974
New Zealand Address: Department of Computer Science - Tari Rorohiko, The University of Waikato.
- Email : fbravo at dcc.uchile.cl / fbravoma at waikato.ac.nz
- DCC Uchile
- FCFM Uchile
- Google Scholar
- Semantic Scholar
- Web of Science
- ACL Anthology
Last Updated May 11th, 2023